Sunday, May 3, 2020

Deciding between Nest Security and Vivint

Title says it all. Moving into a new place and I'm trying to decide between these two options.

Security obviously factors in greatly in my decision - I want the house to be really secure. Is having a professional install the system provide more security, and if so, by how much? Google Nest seems really easy to set up so I don't know if it's worth it to pay more $$$ to have a pro do it.

By the way, speaking of expensive, why the hell is Vivint so expensive? The sales rep quoted me $61 for 60 months. That ends up to be around $2K for the equipment alone. And for that, I get the basic package (the hub, sensors and 1 camera). Even Nest Security, which is expensive for DIY standards, is only $500-600. I realize that Vivint has supposedly the best equipment in the industry, but why is it like 3x more expensive? What am I getting for the other $1400?

submitted by /u/chupaolo
[link] [comments]





from
https://www.reddit.com/r/homesecurity/comments/gd2ii2/deciding_between_nest_security_and_vivint/


Syndicated from Deciding between Nest Security and Vivint

No comments:

Post a Comment