Monday, May 4, 2020

New Home - Vivint Questions

Good afternoon everyone,

After a bit of research on the topic, I wanted to pose my own questions to people who are much more familiar with home security systems than myself.

I purchased a home a few months back. It had a Vivint SkyPanel VS2000 model Security system left from the previous owners. Below are the current devices communicating with the smart hub.

VS2000 SkyPanel Vivint doorbell Smart Lock (not sure on the model sorry) fire alarm Motion sensors.

This all being the case I have two questions I hope everyone can help me with.

  1. I have no intention of subscribing to Vivint. I am a network security analyst so I currently have all the home security I personally feel is needed.

What am I able to accomplish with the remaining Vivint system. I know it is still communicating back to Vivant, and I have made sure the old owners can no longer access the account. Just didn't know if there was a way I could take control of the system without Vivint involved in any way?

  1. The doorbell mentioned above is connected to the SkyPanel. While mapping out hotzones for my WiFi network I saw an SSID that seemed like it was coming from inside or around the house. After a bit of research it seems the doorbell is giving off an SSID of its own. When I attempt to connect it is asking for a username and password as it redirects me to a website.

As I am sure many of you can imagine I am not to keen on having devices in my home which I do not have access to. Secondly it's slightly frustrating as this SSID is scanning out, and is causing some radio interface with my AP's. Has anyone run into this issue before? If so what would be the best way to gain access to this device and connect it to my own network vs Vivint?

Sorry for the long post, I hope everyone is staying safe as always. If any more info is needed I will be happy to provide what I can.

Note: just thought of another question does the doorbell Vivint supplies have face recognition? I'm not sure the exact model of the doorbell itself. But given pictures or a place to look I can gladly supply this information.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Xxemnas
[link] [comments]





from
https://www.reddit.com/r/homesecurity/comments/gdemwt/new_home_vivint_questions/


Syndicated from New Home - Vivint Questions

No comments:

Post a Comment